Attorney / Pro Bono Opportunities
La Raza Centro Legal works with the low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant community and is seeking Pro Bono Attorneys to assist with our clinics, cases and presentations in the community.
In collaboration with the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, La Raza Centro Legal hosts a bi-monthly immigration clinic. The clinic takes place the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 5:45 p.m. If you are interested in assisting with the clinic, please contact Pilar Eslava at firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Raza Centro Legal provides weekly clinics to the community during the day. If you are available to assist with the weekly senior clinics, please contact Maribel Sanchez at email@example.com.
In collaboration with law students of Golden Gate, Hastings and USF, La Raza Centro Legal hosts a workers’ rights clinic. The clinic takes place the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. If you are interested in supervising and mentoring students who assist with the clinic, please contact Alejandro Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Raza Centro Legal is seeking Pro Bono Attorneys to assist with cases involving immigration law, workers’ rights, and elder rights. If you are able to assist La Raza Centro Legal in representing clients, please contact Amanda Alvarado Ford at email@example.com.
During our immigration law clinics, we assist with naturalization, cancellation of removal, U-Visas, T-Visas, Asylum and Adjustments. We seek assistance with the following:
- Representation in removal matters;
- Representation of those detained;
- Representation in appeal of immigration matters;
- Representation in VAWA cases.
During our senior law clinics, we assist seniors of our community in obtaining their public benefits, consumer rights and wills. We seek assistance as follows:
- Legal assistance to elders with living trusts;
- Legal assistance to elders in debt collection of consumer law matters;
- Legal assistance to elders who are victims of credit theft or identity theft;
- Representation in social security disability benefit claims;
- Representation in medical malpractice claims.
During the worker’s rights clinics, we assist workers with small wage and hour claims. We seek assistance with the following:
- Representation of workers with wage and hour claims over $50,000.00;
- Representation of workers who have experienced discrimination;
- Representation of workers who have experienced retaliation;
- Representation of workers to enforce their wage and hour judgments;
- Representation of meritorious unemployment insurance appeals.
During our various clinics, we see clients who are in need of debt collection assistance as follows:
- Legal assistance in consumer and debt fraud;
- Legal assistance to file bankruptcy cases.
La Raza Centro Legal is often sought to provide presentations to the community and the media. If you are interested in assisting with presentations including immigration law, workers’ rights and criminal law, please contact Amanda Alvarado Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.