The Immigration Program Attorney at La Raza Centro Legal will represent clients with immigration cases, including but not limited to naturalization, U visas, adjustment of status, removal defense, and others. The attorney will manage an individual caseload and will also contribute to community outreach events and presentations, grant reporting, fundraising efforts, volunteer/intern recruitment and supervision, and other tasks.
- Salary: $45,796 – $49,586 depending on experience; benefits include health, dental and life.
- Deadline: Until filled
Clinical and Case Work Responsibilities:
- Prepare applications for adjustment of status, asylum, naturalization, U visas, and other types of cases.
- Attend immigration clinics and conduct intake screenings.
- Represent clients at USCIS and asylum office interviews.
- Write motions, briefs, and BIA appellate briefs.
- Ensure that legal work is consistent with agency mission.
Community Education Responsibilities:
- Conduct know-your-rights presentations and information sessions.
- Develop informational materials on immigration law.
- Represent La Raza Centro Legal at various coalition meetings.
Responsibilities – Immigration Program:
- Attend team meetings.
- Assist with funding reporting requirements.
- Assist with case management systems.
- Assist in the overflow work of the program.
Responsibilities – Agency Wide:
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the agency.
- Represent the agency to the community at meetings, public events, media outreach, and other forums.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- J.D. and CA state bar license.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Interest in immigration law and passionate about issues affecting immigrants.
- Sensitivity to work with children and survivors of trauma.
- Group health and medical insurance coverage for employee and eligible dependents
- Dental insurance coverage
- Term Life insurance and Long Term Disability coverage
- 2% 401K retirement plan matching
- Bonuses on first, third, and fifth anniversaries
- 15.5 paid holidays
- One-hour paid lunch
- Vacation accruals increase after 2 and 4 years