La Raza Centro Legal works with the low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant community and is now seeking interns and volunteers to assist with our work.
Call for Immigration Program Volunteer Interns
La Raza Centro Legal’s Immigration Program is looking undergraduate or law school student volunteer interns.
- Assist with immigration applications such as family petitions, DACA renewals, and naturalization, among others.
- Conduct client communication including phone calls, written letters, and in-person meetings with clients.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Participate in outreach presentations and community events.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Pursuing a college or law degree
- Committed to volunteering for 10-15 hours per week
- Passionate about immigrants’ rights
- Spanish speakers highly preferred
Workers’ Rights: Research and writing to assist immigrant workers assert their rights in the workplace and representation of workers before the State Labor Commissioner. Contact Alejandra Cuestas-Jaimes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Law: Research and writing to assist elderly persons who have been victims of consumer fraud or who have not been able to obtain their social security disability benefits. Contact Sarah at email@example.com.
Housing Law: Research and writing to assist low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant tenants who are facing eviction including Ellis Act evictions.
Administrative: Assist with our front desk and database or assist our Financial Administrator. Contact Suyapa Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant: Assist Executive Director with media advocacy, organizing in the community, and general immigrant rights advocacy. Contact Lydia Lopez at email@example.com.
Development and Communications Volunteer: Assist Development Director with event planning, research, donor database, and other aspects of fundraising, as well as, assist with website maintenance, email alerts, e-newsletter, updating our Facebook page, and other aspects of communications through social media. Contact Lydia Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.