La Raza Centro Legal works with the low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant community and is now seeking interns and volunteers to assist with our work.
Call for Undergraduate Volunteer Interns – La Raza Centro Legal
La Raza Centro Legal (“La Raza”) seeks undergraduate student interns for its immigration practice area on a rolling basis. While at La Raza, interns will:
- Assist with immigration applications including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Advance Parole, Naturalization, and more;
- Conduct client communication including phone calls, written letters, and in-person meetings with clients;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Participate in outreach presentations and community events.
- Commitment to serving low-income, marginalized, and underserved communities
- Spanish language skills are highly desired as interns will be working with monolingual Spanish-speaking clients
- Fluency in other languages may be helpful but is not required
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume, brief cover letter, and three references to Brandie Sendziak, and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated and hiring decisions made on a rolling basis.
Immigration Law: Research and writing to assist immigrants in their cases or to volunteer at our bi-monthly Immigration Clinics (every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month). Contact Brandie Sendziak at email@example.com.
Workers’ Rights: Research and writing to assist immigrant workers assert their rights in the workplace and representation of workers before the State Labor Commissioner. Contact Alejandra Cuestas-Jaimes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Law: Research and writing to assist elderly persons who have been victims of consumer fraud or who have not been able to obtain their social security disability benefits. Contact Ryan Knutson at email@example.com.
Housing Law: Research and writing to assist low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant tenants who are facing eviction including Ellis Act evictions. Contact Carlos Bocanegra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative: Assist with our front desk and database or assist our Financial Administrator. Contact Suyapa Rodriguez at email@example.com.
Executive Assistant: Assist Executive Director with media advocacy, organizing in the community, and general immigrant rights advocacy. Contact Lydia Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development and Communications Volunteer: Assist Development Director with event planning, research, donor database, and other aspects of fundraising, as well as, assist with website maintenance, email alerts, e-newsletter, updating our Facebook page, and other aspects of communications through social media. Contact Lydia Lopez at email@example.com.