La Raza Centro Legal works with the low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant community and is now seeking interns and volunteers to assist with our work.
Call for Summer Undergraduate Volunteer Interns – La Raza Centro Legal
La Raza Centro Legal (“La Raza”) seeks undergraduate student interns for its immigration practice area for summer 2016. While at La Raza, interns will:
- Assist with immigration applications including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Advance Parole, Naturalization, and more;
- Conduct client communication including phone calls, written letters, and in-person meetings with clients;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Participate in outreach presentations and community events.
- Commitment to serving low-income, marginalized, and underserved communities
- Spanish language skills are highly desired as interns will be working with monolingual Spanish-speaking clients
- Fluency in other languages may be helpful but is not required
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume, brief cover letter, and three references to Pilar Eslava, and email them to Pilar@lrcl.org. Applications will be evaluated and hiring decisions made on a rolling basis.
Please contact Edwin Carmona-Cruz, Development Director, at Edwin@lrcl.org, and any of the following program contacts as follows:
Immigration Law: Research and writing to assist immigrants in their cases or to volunteer at our bi-monthly Immigration Clinics (every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month). Contact Pilar Eslava at Pilar@lrcl.org.
Workers’ Rights: Research and writing to assist immigrant workers assert their rights in the workplace and representation of workers before the State Labor Commissioner. Contact our attorney Alejandra Cuestas-Jaimes at email@example.com.
Senior Law: Research and writing to assist elderly persons who have been victims of consumer fraud or who have not been able to obtain their social security disability benefits. Contact Ryan Knutson at Ryan@lrcl.org.
Housing Law: Research and writing to assist low-income, monolingual Spanish-speaking and immigrant tenants who are facing eviction including Ellis Act evictions.
Administrative: Assist with our front desk and database or assist our Financial Administrator. Contact Suyapa Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant: Assist Executive Director with media advocacy, organizing in the community, and general immigrant rights advocacy. Contact Vicky Castro at email@example.com.
Development and Communications Volunteer: Assist Development Director with event planning, research, donor database and other aspects of fundraising, as well as, assist with website maintenance, email alerts, E-Newsletter, updating our Facebook page, and other aspects of communications through social media. Contact our Development Director, Edwin Carmona-Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.